This article by Jonathan over at Illuminated Mind.
Have you ever had an epiphany? One of those “a-ha” moments where something just clicks for you? Maybe it’s something you’ve been struggling with for a long time, or maybe it was a piece of advice you learned from a friend. Whatever the source of our insight, it’s these moments that bring us to a deeper understanding of our world. The better understanding we have of life, the more we live in the truth.
Below are 33 of the most powerful lessons in my life.
- Often those who aren’t the easiest to love are the ones who need it the most.
- Seeing children play can make even the bluest day brighter.
- Money is not the root of all evil, fear is.
- The secret to happiness is the acceptance of yourself.
- Happiness is not based on external status, it is an internal state.
- Money can’t make me happy, but self-sufficiency gives me the freedom to share myself creatively, without worrying about how I’m going to pay the bills.
- Every man has a right to choose his own destiny.
- The path is the way.
- Coming is going, going is coming.
- The hardest is found in the easiest.
- Heaven and hell exist here and now, within your own mind.
- Life is the largest stage.
- Music is one of the most supreme expressions of life. It is art in it’s most transitory form. It is gone within an instant, and therefore, extremely precious.
- Follow your gut, you’ll thank yourself later.
- Remember what your mother taught you, it came from the most sacred place of love that exists.
- Never let an argument last, never hold a grudge, it will make your heart heavy.
- Forgive those that have yet to do you wrong, and you won’t have to worry about it should the time come.
- Be grateful for this moment, it is all there is.
- The source of most of your frustrations and anxiety are the result of living in the future, or the past.
- Spend time alone with yourself every day.
- Always go with yourself, never against yourself.
- You have to be your own best friend.
- If you don’t like what someone else says to you, you can walk away. But if you don’t like what you say to yourself, you can’t walk away. Therefore, if you’re going to be with yourself all the time, you might as well be nice to yourself.
- The truth shall indeed set you free.
- Lies only exist if we believe in them.
- Even the most fundamental beliefs about reality are not true in themselves. Our thinking makes them true in our experience.
- Your thoughts create reality.
- The biggest lie is the lie of your imperfection.
- Being kind is more important than being right.
- Your heart is your best compass.
- Cherish those that you love, you never know if you’ll see them again.
- Your beliefs are a filter for your reality.
- Love is the supreme expression of life, it is the essence and ground of all creation.
What has been a powerful lesson in your own life? Leave a comment and share your wisdom!