If you think celebrities naming their children Apple, Coco, River, and the latest, Bronx Mowgli, are strange, take a look at these other very unusual names given to children.
1. Armand Hammer – named after the “Arm & Hammer” symbol of the Socialist Labor Party.
2. Metallica – daughter of Michael and Karolina Tomaro, named after the band.
3. Loser Lane – a NYPD sergeant, mentioned in the book Freakonomics.
4. Moxie CrimeFighter Jillette –daughter of magician Penn Jillette.
5. Poppy Montgomery – The star of Without a Trace was born Poppy Petal Emma Elizabeth Devaraux Donahue. She has a brother named Jethro Tull, and sisters named Rosie Thorn, Daisy Yellow, Lily Belle, and Marigold Sun.
6. Number 16 Bus Shelter – registered name of a child in New Zealand.
7. Talula Does the Hula from Hawaii – name of a girl in New Zealand. In 2008, at age 9, she was made a ward of court in order that her name could be changed.
8. Pilot Inspektor – son of actor Jason Lee
9. Indiana Jones and her brother, Dow Jones – She says she was named after the state her family came from. Dow? He was named on a dare to the father while the mother was asleep after giving birth.
More unusual registered names:
Moon Unit Zappa
Harlequin (like the romance novels)
Queen Esther (yes, they wanted Queen to be said when addressing her, no she was not royalty)
Zuma Nesta Rock (Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale’s second child)
Soleil Moon Frye
Aldaberontophoscophornia Bowen Fearing
Share your own favorite unusual names in the comments section!