From the November 2o07 issue of Fitness Magazine.
1. Keep sneakers at work and pick a place for lunch that’s a brisk 15-minute walk away.
2. Fidget! A lot. One study showed that you could burn up to 350 more calories per day.
3. Shop for two hours.
4. Stand when talking on the phone.
5. Ride your bike (or walk) to do errands.
6. Have more sex.
7. Plant flowers.
8. Join a recreational sports team- soccer, softball, tennis.
9. Take five 10-minute “stroll breaks” throughout the day.
10. Conduct meetings at the gym or on a track.
11. Do three sets of 25 push-ups, lunges, and crunches before you get ready in the morning.
12. Take the stairs. Everywhere!